Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rendezvous

 


I was out at Le Rendezvous tonight!!
It's the most charming little restaurant..
Old school French cooking by an old school French chef...
Only 4 tables and the chef comes out every once in a while to check on you!
And, well.... I just need an excuse to dress up and eat good food!

(I was too busy eating to take pictures of the place... but next time, I promise!)


This skirt was the very first  designer thing I ever bought...


I still remember how excited and nervous I was when I snagged it on a Gilt.com sale (I couldn't quite believe I actually owned apiece of pure fashion!!)


Here's the sad part though.. I never got around to wearing it!!


A few years later, I found it hidden ALL the way at the back of my (tiny) closet, tags and all, and decided that it was finally time.



[skirt Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti,silk shirt Club Monaco, ring Satya, Freja boots Alexander Wang, arm candy made by me/from India]

So out it came today...

Because there's so much going on (with all the asymmetrical layers and the alternating silk and satin), I decided to wear a simple cream silk blouse..

And to keep things from getting too much like a formal dinner party, I wore my Freja boots (LOVE them!! but more on that in another post)..

Would you have styled it differently?


No comments:

Post a Comment